22659: Holmstead: Re: 22652: Walton: RE: 22640: Slavin: "What is Brazil Doing in Haiti?" by Emir Sade r (fwd)

From: John Holmstead <cyberkismet5@yahoo.com>

Walton wrote:

"IMHO, Haitians can hasten the end of "foreign
occupation" by actively assisting the work of their
interim government  toward self-supportable
independence, equal justice and free elections--
instead of expending energy bemoaning the loss/removal
of their last savior/despot."

Easy for you to say when you haven't personally
experienced the theft of more then 7000 national,
municipal and local ELECTED positions. I doubt anyone
can ever convince the average Haitian peasant, the
majority of the population, that their vote will ever
mean anything again. Maybe you good ole boys can just
bring in the old psyops units and the usual social
engineers like the CIA, USAID, NED, NDI and IRI et al
to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. And who are
you kidding about "interim?" Maybe the faces will
change but if history is any gauge it will be the same
folks behind the thrown who are currently the real
power behind his rotundnis Latorture.

In the end it's the dirt poor peasants who get screwed
as it always has been in the magical land of Haiti.
Personally, I prefer bemoaning this reality to
violence, and I most certainly prefer it to denial.