22789: lselby: Looking for contacts in Rockland County, NY (fwd)

From: lselby@mail.utexas.edu

Hello all,
I am a graduate student in search of intellectual support and contacts related
to my preliminary research in Rockland County, New York, namely, on the Haitian
immigrant community and Haitian descendents' experience in settling in this
county.  At the moment, I am broadly investigating research questions about
structural racism through an examination on segregation in housing and
education, long term resident response to Afro-Caribbean immigrants,
interracial/ethnic relations (including Hasidic-black immigrant relations), and
Haitian/Haitian-American civic associations that address racial reconciliation
and cultural identity.
I am interested in dialogue and constructive conversation.  Also, if you could
recommend contacts to me in the Haitian-American Parents Association, HACSO,
Konbit Neg Lakay, and JAMCARR, I would appreciate it.  I would gladly welcome
e-mails to the address below.
Thank you,
Lynn Selby
lselby@mail.utexas.edu