22896: Justins: Re: 22857: LScottPht: Re: 22856: radtimes: Human Rights Horrors in Haiti (fwd)

From: justins <justins@alacrityisp.net>

I'm assuming the event you are talking about is the
killing of Cassey
Auguste, which I have written about several times.  I
really do not
appreciate you accusing me of being a liar.  Myself and
two other people
have verified our version of the events from three
different witnesses.
There were other witnesses who were too afraid to say
anything because they
feared reprisals from your rebel friends.  Whether or not
you were there on
that day, I don't know.  But I would not have written
about the story unless
I was sure what I was writing was factual.  The rebels who
killed Cassey and
his friend were NOT fired on beforehand.  They came to his
mother's
business, dragged him out in to the street, and shot him
and his friend in
cold blood.

Those on this list should know that Leslie lived with the
rebels for weeks
and she calls them "freedom fighters."  She says they
"treated her like a
princess" while she stayed with them.  You can read the
whole bizarre story
here:
http://www.apogeephoto.com/june2004/lspurlock6_2004.shtml
 And as most
of us here know, Philippe and company are very media-savvy
for a group of
paramilitaries.  It's kind of hard to blame Leslie for her
views on this
subject.  They were able to play Lydia Polgreen of the New
York Times like a
fiddle, and she is supposed to be some kind of
professional.  So don't be
angry at Leslie--she just doesn't know any better.

However, Leslie, you should not be surprised that you are
getting a lot of
angry responses.  On the night Aristide was taken out of
the country, you
were hanging out with Guy Philippe, Jodel Chamblain, and
the rest of the
"rebel" leaders.  You toasted champagne with them!  How do
you think
Americans would react if somebody had toasted champagne
with Osama bin Laden
on the evening of September 11th, 2001?  What you did was
precisely
tantamount to that.  I'm not trying to attack you or
anything.. this is just
the cold, honest truth.  These men that you are gushing
over are
killers--period.  If you think otherwise then you just
haven't done your
homework.  I don't care how many glasses of champagne you
shared with them.
Do you think these guys are going to be honest about their
actions and their
motives to a white journalist from America?  Please!

And I talked to Kevin Pina about your allegation that he
"threatened" you.
He said it isn't true, and I tend to believe him.  After
all, you're coming
on here and calling me a liar, which is crap.  How can I
be sure you aren't
likewise slandering Kevin because he, like me, tells
stories that make your
beloved "freedom fighters" look bad?  Kevin has been the
target of numerous
threats, smears, and even attempts on his life because of
the reporting he
does.  You could learn a thing or two about journalism
from him.  In fact,
you could learn a lot just from reading this list.  Some
of the things you
are saying are quite frankly RIDICULOUS.  Saying that
Jean-Bertrand Aristide
would put a hit out on a little girl is like saying you
spotted George W.
Bush at a gay bar.  Is it possible?  Sure.  Is it likely?
 Hell no.  When
you say things like that, your credibility goes in up
flames.  It shows that
you will naively accept anything that is spoon-fed to you
by these men who
you obviously don't understand very well.

Justin Felux