22911: Labrom: Re 22890 vendors getting the boot (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

The Mayor's office was talking about getting rid of the marchands
generally downtown - specifically the mechanics and general marchands.
But now they have stopped the idea.

My suggestion would be that they need to give them another place to
work. However in theory that's all well and good, but knowing the people
here, unless its right on their doorstep they won't be interested.
People are very lazy about going a long way to buy things, this is why
there are so many marchands in every neighbourhood where there is the
possibility of passing trade. I'm keeping track on the beautiful new
market they're building (which started during the last regime) at Canape
Vert. It will be interesting to see if the marchands will actually give
up the streets and work from inside.

Also how on earth they would be able to find enough space for all the
mechanics in what I call 'Mechanic's alley' I do not know - they take up
something like a 6 square block radius!!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753