22917: Justin: Re: 22913: Kathleen: Re: 22895: Justins: Re: 22884: LScottPHt: Re: 22876: LScottPHt: Re: 22873: Kathleen: AP article on clearing out mer... (fwd)

From: Justin <justins@alacrityisp.net>

> Um, Justin, CEDRAS and his military were in power in the early 1990s.
> Sloppy to lump rebels, FRAPH, military in same quoto.

Not really.  The interests of the military, FRAPH, Duvalierists, Macoutes,
etc. converge more than they oppose.  Some represent different factions of
the ruling class but they all have a vested interest in keeping poor people
in their place.

> Um, Justin, do you?  There was an embargo on information between 00 and
03,
> as I mentioned in a previous post, but the murders of journalists, notably
> Jean Dominique and Brignol lindor seeped out.  They count for a lot of
> previously informed people.

No, I don't, but we know that the number of period killed after 1994 didn't
come anywhere near the levels of 1991-1994 and today.  And it would e wrong
to attribute all the killings that went on during this time to some kind of
fascist conspiracy on the part of Aristide.  There were killings on all
sides--and I think there were more sides than just two.

> Well, Justin, this is a news flash of major proportions, and you must
> publish the names of the shooters of Jean-Dominique, attn. Jonathan Demme,
> because prior to your post I and the rest of the world thought his killers
> still had not been brought to justice!!!!

It is my understanding that the trigger men had been arrested and the main
concern now is (or was) bringing the "architects" of the murder to justice.
Am I mistaken?