22920: LScottPht: Re: 22918: Esser: Fighting for Justice & Democracy in Haiti (fwd)

From: LScottPht@aol.com

Again, I think you are once again dealing with an organization that is one
sided. If they are not one sided via the right wing, they are one sided via the
left wing. Why can't we actually have an organization that actually reports on
human rights abuses on both sides? Gee, that would be a first for Haiti.

As far as the journalist thing, well, I, for one, would be more than happy to
investigate on the Bellaire situation. I have heard about shootings by the US
forces being covered up, and I don't doubt that that happened. You find me
someone who will actually pay for me to go and investigate, and I will happily
do so. By the way, I do not stay at the top hotels and have drivers and
translators and such paid for. I stay in a $25/night guest house which includes 2
meals for that price. One of the reason the other journalists stay in those
hotels is because they need to be able to transmit. They can't do this from other
places because they need 24 hour electricity. So, you can't exactly blame them,
especially if you want these stories out on a timely basis. I am not digital
and I like to stay with the population. Unfortunately, the population doesn't
always know about breaking stories right away. At the big hotels, they are
used to having journalists there, and they get quick knowledge of anything that
is happening. Staying at a smaller more local place, I didn't get that info.
right away.

Leslie Spurlock
<A HREF="http://www.pbase.com/lscottpht/haiti";>PBase (Haiti Images)</A>
<A HREF="http://americanphotojournalist.com/member.php?user=lscotthpht";>