22968: Laporte: Kompa Stage 2004 After Party II (fwd)

From: Cathleen Laporte <info@evite.com>

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT THE KOMPASTAGE 2004 FESTIVAL SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY AT BATTERY PARK HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORSEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES WITH BATTERY PARK.

ALTHOUGH THE FESTIVAL IS CANCELLED WE CANNOT ALLOW THAT TO STOP US FROM CELEBRATING 200 YRS OF INDEFENDENCE SO WE CORDIALLY INVITE YOU TO JOIN US FOR THE PARTY INSTEAD.  WE ASK THAT YOU COME OUT AND SUPPORT US TO ALLOW US TO HOST OTHER EVENTS.  PLEASE SEE BELOW:

You are cordially invited to join us on Sunday, August 15, 2004 for what will go down in Haitian history as the biggest and best party of 2004 at the exclusive BLVD (www.blvdnyc.com) located at 199 Bowery Street (at Spring Street) - Downtown Manhattan.

Doors open 6 p.m. til 2 a.m.

Admission is $10 before 9 p.m. and more afterwards so we encourage you to come early.

This will be an upscale and classy affair because we will be at an upscale and classy venue. Come dressed to impress and ready to mingle with the beautiful people of the Haitian diaspora. Dress code is sexy and trendy - NO SNEAKERS!!!

We will Kompa and Zouk and Reggae and Hip-Hop all night long. We will have surprise guest DJ's and artists to keep you dancing until 2 a.m.

The first 100 people to arrive will receive a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a bottle of Moet to celebrate. Raffle will be drawn at 11 p.m. Must be present to win (sorry you cannot take the bottle home - must drink it at the venue).

For further questions please email KompaParty2004@hotmail.com or call 718-523-1094.
For reference, your link to this Invite is:
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=WTXVKCHPBMKAPBNJWUJK

Evite makes it easy to explore local areas, communicate, coordinate, and make decisions.
Check it out today! Click here: http://www.evite.com/homepage?li=egi7

48484848