22969: Vishnusurf: Re: 22953: Pierre Louis: Re: 22949:

From: VISHNUSURF@aol.com

thanks to M. Pierre-Louis for adding this corrective to my post. i stand
corrected, but still would argue that the volume of the trade increased
megafold under the Cedras regime. so, i do not think that i "have it all
wrong".  my main point was a question, really, as to why the aggressive
investigation into lavalas drug lords when neo-duvalierist (and, as per
your
corrective) duvalierist drug lords have never been subjected to such
pursuit by
the DEA.  instead they get whisked off into comfy exiles.

cedras had 5 houses rented by the US State Dept, as i recall. i seem to
remember some outrage that one of them was built on "public" land,
whatever
that means in haiti.

on that note, can anyone substantiate a rumour that i have heard for years
in
haiti that the hotel jacmelienne was also built on "public" land?

i am only 41.