22986: Labrom: Re: 22975 cruise into history

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

There is plenty of time for the visitors to go to the Citadelle - they
arrive
around 7.30-8am and they don't have to be on the boat until about 4pm. We
did
it easily when the pre-cursor to this group came around 3 years ago. We
had 57
African/Americans who came in to Labadie and then we organised for them to
go
to the Citadelle and Sans Souci and they even had a lovely buffet lunch in
the
grounds around Sans Souci.  They all adored the Citadelle - I remember the
word
'awesome' being used a lot. They were just so amazed to see what the early
Haitians had achieved and what the former slaves had managed to do. They
were
quite emotional about it and kept on saying,'what a debt they owed them'.

Jacqui Labrom