22972: Dorce: Re: 22985: Allouard: Re: 22946: Esser: Cruising Into History (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/16/04 4:59:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Allouard
<allouard@libertysurf.fr> writes:

<< I can't help seeing this logic as puritan, (their hands are clean, but they
 have no hands) and it does not take into account the benefit of ordinary
 Haitian citizens, nor their general concern or immediate interests.

 Besides, it seems partly tainted of self-righteousness and condescending
 attitude...

 At least, it shows that this institution is more concerned about its image
 than about benefit and interests of people having booked their trip... (is
 it sure than going to the beach, even beautiful Labadi, is what someone
 interested in Haiti, Haitian roots, Haitian history, and Haitian people? One
 week in a all-inclusive ressort could be then better than visiting museums,
 churches, ruins, and speaking to ordinary citizens outside the fence...) And
 one would perhaps believe organizers are more concerned about their image
 than about Haitian people actual benefit... >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is ironic and unpleasant when someone who supports the coup and the
rebel/criminal element, uses as justification for urging the rest of us to support
Haiti now "for the good of the people."  Please, if the good of the people was
of any import at all, Aristide would still be there, and the  opposition
(whatever the nom du jour is at present) would have been working things out with
the Lavalas government.  The good of the people is not what the supporters of
the coup care about.  Only their own good.  The people will take what's left, if
there is ANYTHING.

I am so disgusted that I can barely stand to respond to the posts on this
list.  And let me add my name to the group of "blans" who will not spend one dime
in Haiti until democracy is restored.  My piddly little money will not do a
damn thing to help "the people" and I won't be able to help them for real from
the comfort of my cruise ship.  As for the middle class/on up who do stand to
make money on whatever tourism they can dig up, I am not interested in helping
them.  Bitter?  You bet I am.  And judgemental?  Oh honey, you have NO idea.
Not that those who are the target of my wrath will be in the least bit
troubled by it.  Still, I will not legitimize their nefarious support of this
terrible crime on the people of Haiti .  You want to help the people?  Then stop
dealing with the devil.

Kathy Dorce~