23001: Vishnusurf: Re: 22983: Vedrine: RE: 22984: Antoine: Brazil - Haiti

From: VISHNUSURF@aol.com

Like Mr. Verdine, I was a bit miffed also by Lula's condescending comment.
Although they were ousted from world cup qualifications by Jamaica, the
Haitian
men's national soccer team has had some good results this year, despite
considerable adversities.  I recall seeing them leading the USA 1-0 in the
Orange Bowl up until the USA got a late header off a corner kick to
salvage a
tie.  And they dominated that match with basically their under-23
side--meanwhile, the USA has been ranked as highly as 7th in the world by
FIFA
this year.  All the same, it would be an upset for Haiti to beat Brazil,
but it
is not inconceivable, Heck, Greece just won the European championship,
while
Brazil failed to qualify for the olympics.
Allez Haiti!