22999: llbio: Re: Port Au Prince - The Cut (fwd)

From: llbio <llbio@pacbell.net>

I am working for the estate of the writer Louis L'Amour researching his
biography.  In 1924 Mr. L'Amour recounts a sailing voyage in which he
stops in Haiti.  While there he participates in a brutal brawl in a
tough waterfront area of Port Au Prince he refers to as The Cut.  I am
hoping that you can steer me toward someone who might know of The Cut
and be able to give me further information on where it was and what it
was like.

I will appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Best Regards,

Charles Van Eman