23083: Justin: Jefferson quote (fwd)

From: Justin <justins@alacrityisp.net>

In a recent article, "The White Curse," by Eduardo Galeano, he quotes Thomas
Jefferson as having said "confine the plague to the island," about the
Haitian revolution.  Does anyone know the source for this quote?  I have
read all of Jefferson's letters in which he mentions Haiti (at least I think
I have) and I never saw any such quote.  All he talks about is the potential
use of Haiti as a "receptacle" for unwanted blacks in the U.S.  Anyone have
an idea of where else he might've said this?  I know he talks about the West
Indies several times in his letters to Martha, and I don't believe I've read
those.