23088: Du Tuyau: re armed rebels (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

It's not funny. I don't want to be mean or bad or anything like that. But I find it strange in a "twist-like" way. (Kind of feel like singing song like "let's do the twist", but am serious little bit.) I feel seriousness in my heart today. So, I'll be serious.

I am not here to defend soldiers. Just want to share an observation. We accuse soldiers and military in Haiti of all wrong. I've done that too. Heck, I'm Haitian, so why not blame someone else, hein? Okay, so I did. And still so but with little funky caveat.

Have you noticeing, like I think I may have, that men with guns in Haiti, soldiers or OP's, usually work for someone in civilian clothes and do his dirty work for him? Like for instance, ...

We want Titid out, right? So what do we do? "Spencer for hire". So we get Titid tèt chóv -bald head out to teach little bit in South Africa University, right? But then, we got problem little bit.

We make promise to soldiers that we give them Quartier Général again. But one little problem, though. The master of the show, Latortue (the turtle), has his headquarters (at least I believe) still at the soldiers' headquarters because that's what Titid did after he replaced the military with oops!!! OP!!! So now, the soldiers are mad little bit, and are revolting in Tigwav (Petit-Goave). Even killing people and also hurting French-frenchie-speaking intellectual-politician. Oh oh!!

So folks politicians what did you expect? That the soldiers would go away like that, just like that, like little robots? Moun fou oh oh oh!!

I am sure or almost little bit, that the soldiers will get little thing here and there to calm them down and stay away little bit from their guns and killing people. But problem is and that is the nut for me, why do we only attack the soldiers/army when the politicians almost always start the whole "shoot" by encouraging the soldiers to take up arms?

Okay, okay, you may no belief in me but some examples historical quick, and I go:

- Vilbrun Sam, to become president in early 1915 before 1st occupation, had as many as 3,000 armed men convince the legislators to "elect" him unless they wanted to get killed little bit; so they elect him. period. ;

- Blood-thirsty Papa Doc Duvalier managed to convice military man Kebreau to do the dirty work for him so he can become president, before killing Kebreau little bit but really dead-killing him.

The lists historical goes on and on. So is it really a one way relationship, or is it two ways? Who is the bad guy first, the soldier, or the filthy-nasty-mo'fo' Haitian power-grabbing politicians?

I am shaking my head, absoluetly convinced now that I really, truly am ...

Du Tuyau moun fou.