23124: Esser: Petition to release Annette (So Ann ) Auguste from Latorture's jail (fwd)

From: D. Esser <torx@joimail.com>

Date: September 9, 2004
Re: Release Annette Auguste: Prisoner of Conscience in Petion-Ville
Penitentiary, Haiti
From: Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network

Dear Friends,

Please consider signing the petition at:
http://www.thePetitionSite.com/takeaction/263040597 demanding the
release of 69-year old Haitian grandmother and political prisoner,
Annette (So Ann) Auguste, who has been languishing in the Foley
Puppet's new Fort Dimanche-jail in Port-au-Prince, Haiti since
Mother's Day, May 10. 2004.

So Ann needs our help. The UN, as well as, the US-led international
forces before it, in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human
Rights and the progress of civilizaton, are in Haiti to protect
thugs, killers and their other proxies and mercenaries, helping
corporate forces to steal Haiti blind, while the Haitian people are
being enchained, once again, their 200-year old struggle for decent
shelter, their own industries, living wages, a safe and healthy place
for Haitian children to live, grow and be educated, once again put on
the sidelines while the international community gives gunfire cover
to assist in the reconstruction of the bloody Haitian army, throwing
Haiti back from its 10-year fledging Constitutional rule to
US-supported military dictatorship. From her jail cell, So Ann sends
us this message:

"From my cell I am given hope by the many voices being raised against
the injustice the people of Haiti are being forced to suffer today. I
send you all my love and gratitude for remaining strong in separating
the lies from truth in Haiti's current situation. I send you all my
blessings as a free Haitian woman fighting for the rights of the
impoverished majority in my homeland. They may imprison my body but
they will never imprison the truth I know in my soul. I will continue
to fight for justice and truth in Haiti until I draw my last breath."
Annette Auguste "So Ann" Petion-Ville Penitentiary May 23, 2004

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/263040597

E-mail the petition to your friends.

Thank you,

Marguerite Laurent, Esq.