23150: Kathleen: Fw: 23146: Simidor Re Hess: Re Walton's Reconstituted Army (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

This is such a disgrace.

I remember the plush surroundings and vehicles of U.N. workers in the
mid-90s, high-salaried beyond fairness.  Someone reputable also told me of
the $4000 a day spent to aircondition a tent in the mid 90s for an OAS
several day meeting, instead of using that money for a permanent meeting
place that could be left for t he use of t he Haitian people.
Americans are just informed on the "millions of dollars" "given" to Haiti
(so they can be resentful); they are not told that the principal and
interest on these loans, not gifts, are wrung out of the skins of Haitians
who enjoy little if any benefit from these "generous" "donations".
kathleen