23160: Vedrine: RE: The Haitian Army (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

HAITI DOES NOT NEED AN ARMY. An army for what? To protect the people? To
secure Haiti's border? To steal? To kill people? We could go on and on
asking so many questions... Did Haiti have one before 1934? Who gave us the
defunct army that killed so many of our brothers and sisters particulary in
1991? How much does it cost to have an army? . We need an army to work in
KONBIT for Haiti's reconstruction, not one that's trained to kill their own
people, to do coup d'etat from time to time and serves as restavčk of some
super powers. It would be a disgrace if you were to ask a high ranking
officer of the defunct army what he does during his 8 hours of work. Anyone
can guess the answer ("grate santi" [seating down doing nothing the whole
day] and calling women on the phone")...

The army that Ayiti cheri had was ARMY OF COWARDS, TRAINED TO KILL THEIR
BROTHERS AND SISTERS (a gift from Uncle Sam when they implanted it after
1934). For the Haitian politicians who appear to support the return of that
corrupted army, they think that is THE LAST CARD they can play to ascend to
power but they’ve miscalculated because things have changed in the 90’s in
Haiti (you have to vote your candidate). We can not stop the course of
history.

Cheers,
e.w.vedrine