23263: Wharram: Cooking food in Gonaives (fwd)

From: Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>

	I have a question for the list members in the know.  Now that the UN
peacekeeping forces are moving rice, beans and cooking oil into the Gonaives
area, how are the people there able to cook it and where are they able to
find a dry place to do that?  It's probably a stupid question, but I'm
curious.
	I never have understood, and probably never will understand, the U.S.
foreign policy towards Haiti - if it were some other country, I'm sure they
would be doing more to help in similar disasters.

Thank you,
Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>