23263: Schuller re: a little tool to help people in Latibonit (fwd)

From: Mark Schuller <marky@umail.ucsb.edu>

A clinic manager in Potoprens told me about a service that donates free medicine
- all you can carry on a plane.  It's called AmeriCares.

While it's not a long-term solution addressing the roots of the problem,
hundreds of thousands of Haitians are in urgent need for, among other things,
medicine.

As far as distribution - scores of groups in Potoprens have taken it upon
themselves to organize a mission to Latibonit to disburse the supplies... it
shouldn't be hard to find someone going north.

As far as the 70-pound limit, i am not sure who could answer that question.

I don't know all the details of this organization, but people can take donations
twice a year, and the drugs are within six months of the expiration date.  They
have a website too, for people who want to get their contact information, etc.
My time in this cybercafe is quickly running out.

Hope this little bit helps.

Peace,

--

Mark  :0