23298: Young: Re: advice for readings on Haiti (fwd)

>From Bob Corbett:  Please write Jennifer directly at:

From: Jennifer L Young <jlyoung@Princeton.EDU>

 Hello, I am a Princeton student involved in a policy workshop looking at
 US policy towards states in which the US has previously intervened
 (post-conflict intervention and nation-building, for the most part).
 Haiti is one of our case studies, and our goal twofold: (1) understand
 exactly what the US has done in Haiti in the past, and why it didn't work
 (2) make recommendations for future US policy with Haiti.  I will be
 travelling to Haiti with 3 other students at the end of October, and we
 are looking for people to meet with in the capital.  We have plenty of US
 govt officials on our list, but would ideally like to also speak with
 citizens and people working for NGO's that have spent a good deal of time
 in the country.  If you know someone that you think we should meet with,
 please let me know.  In addition, we are trying to read as much about the
 country's history as possible, with an emphasis on 1990-present, so if
 there are any books/journal/news articles that you could recommend,
please let me know about that as well.

You can contact me at jlyoung@princeton.edu  Thanks so much!

Regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Young
Candidate, Master in Public Affairs
Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
Princeton University