23407: Labrom: Re 23393 Haiti and Self Destruction (fwd)

>From voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

It was interesting what M/Mme Vedrine said about the Opposition.

In Dec. of 2000 when there was the supposed 'attempted coup' of Aristide
at the Palace; the next day, Pres. Aristide went on Television to talk
to the people. What he said gave me an amazing revelation!!  He said,
'The Opposition are just that, the Opposition. They are not the enemy to
be killed'!!!

I thought - he's so right. In Haiti they have always had one party
politics - dictatorships, so therefore if you vote against my candidate
(and never more true when Aristide was in power) you are my enemy and we
kill our enemies. I was so blown away by his statement I wanted him to
repeat it and repeat it.  We need to print this up and put it on banners
all over the city to teach people democracy! That we can have two or
more political parties and they should be there to look out for the
interests of THE PEOPLE!!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753