23461: Simidor: I just pray for mercy (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

“I just pray for mercy – for me and my children, Gonaives and Haiti.”

The words are from a young woman who just gave birth at a makeshift hospital in Gonaives.

There just isn’t any mercy for Haiti.

Mothers and children washed away in the flood, begging for mercy and finding none.  No mercy for the survivors even when the means are clerly there.

I weep for the circumstances that reduce life to surviving another day, for the parent who watch their children wither and die, for all the dehumanizing going on.

There just isn’t any consolation, any justice, and no end in sight for all this suffering.

Some days are that much more difficult to bear.