=?x-unknown?q?23485=3A__Morse_to=A0Severe_re=3A_Latortue_=28f?==?x-unknown?q?wd=29?=

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

 Dear Mr Severe,I believe that the interim government should be completely
 neutral politically. They should not be seen as leaning towards the
 former army, civil society, convergance, the masses or the bourgoise.
 They should be bringing these sectors together. Mr Latortue, however,
 should be very strong on law and order. That in itself is a large enough
 task. He should not put himself in the position of sending the former
 army after Lavalas. Thats the job of the police and only in the case of
 someone breaking the law, NOT political persecution. If Latortue gets in
 bed with the army now he's sunk. His position should be political
 mediation and law and order. Bring people together inspite of the
 difficulties and frustrations. If the army wants to be helpful they
 should get themselves civillian representation (former military, lawyers,
 whatever) and come to the table. Nothing will be resolved in the streets
 or with guns. Only through debate and compromise will we move
 forward.

Richard Morse