23489: Jens: accommodation

[Corbett requests you please write Jens Poppen at the address below this
note]

From: Jens Poppen <jens_poppen@yahoo.com>

Dear Corbetters:

Thank you very much for your efforts to help me find accommodation in Port
au
Prince. Haiti just seems to be an incredibly expensive place to stay these
days. Right now, I am looking at a minimum of $750 a month (guesthouse
that is)
and I certainly won't be able to pay such a rent as I am just starting as
freelancer and need to seriously budget.

However, I am still trying to keep my hopes alive to find cheaper
accommodation
in Port au Prince. So if you happen to know someone in the capital (maybe
Haitian family) who might be willing to rent out a room for let's say $400
month I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know. I don't need
anything "extravagant" just a place to sleep and leave my stuff.

Many thanks again.

Jens