23540: Corbett: Re: 23529: Simidor: list tedium

>From Bob Corbett:

Daniel, I reply not in my role as moderator, but as reader.  I am one who
appreciates very much the news stories people send in, the mainline press
and the alternative sources.

I think there are lots of us who; 1.  Haven't any idea how to do that
"set" searches you speak of  and 2.  Who aren't enough interested to do so
ourselves.

But, when others of you out there who do find and read such articles then
send them in to the list -- I read them and am happy I did.

Recently I sent a note to the list talking about some need for me to cut
back.  I received a huge amount of mail.  It contained two sentiments:

1.  Cut back on the news items.
2.  The news items are very important.

In the earliest count I had the # 1 group dominated, but by the time that
set of notes dwindled away, the second group -- those who found the news
items (all of them) to be very useful -- was the dominant group.

I certainly know it gets to be a lot of mail -- heck I have to process it.
But I think there just are lots of us who WOULDN'T have the news if it
weren't for those who send in the stories to the list -- both mainstream
and alternative presses.

Bob Corbett