23545: Joseph: Fwd: [SALT] Message from Bill Quigley in Haiti (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

I don't know any details, but the following message came from a professor of
mine, and perhaps one of the most salient pieces of information to garner
is: "there is too much silence and people are being persecuted." If you need
to contact someone, it should probably be Mr. Quigley at
duprestars@yahoo.com or 011.509.401.4822 in Haiti.

Carrie Menkel-Meadow
Sent  Thursday, October 21, 2004 9:25 am
>From  Carol Chomsky
Date  Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:32:30 -0500
To  SALT-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject  [SALT] Message from Bill Quigley in Haiti

The message below was sent to the SALT Board by Bill Quigley, SALT
member and the recipient of SALT's Annual Teaching Award last year.
Given the importance of the events on which he reports, and of his
first-hand  knowledge of them, we're passing it on to the entire SALT
membership.  Please consider spreading the word to others, including
public officials and the media.  Thanks.