23590: HACtion -- Sign on to Maxine Water's letter to Powell -- deadline T, 26 Oct (fwd)

From: Haiti Action Committee <haitiaction@yahoo.com>

Friends,

Congressmembers Maxine Waters, Jan Schakowsky, Barbara Lee and John
Conyers are requesting that you sign a letter that will be sent from
Maxine Water's office this week to Secretary of State Colin Powell before the close of
business this Tuesday. To make it easier to get the word out we placed the
info and mailing links on http://www.HaitiAction.net/News/MW/10_22_4.html

Don't wait! Add your name to this letter now.

Maxine Waters:
Support Human Rights in Haiti
Send a letter to Colin Powell today.

Letter online at: http://www.HaitiAction.net/News/MW/10_22_4.html

Deadline: Tuesday
October 26, Close of Business

"Dear Colleague:

Please join us in sending the attached letter to Secretary of State
Colin Powell expressing our deep concerns about the continuing pattern of
human rights violations committed by the Interim Government of Haiti.
We are especially concerned about the recent arrests of several
community leaders who remain illegally detained in prison in violation of
Haitian law..."

Letter online at: http://www.HaitiAction.net/News/MW/10_22_4.html

For more information on the Haiti Action Committee and HaitiAction.net
eMail: info@haitiaction.org