23647 (inquiry) Prosper: Needs to interview folks

From: Vanessa Prosper <prosperv@bc.edu>

 My name is Vanessa Prosper and I am a 5th year doctoral student in
 Counseling Psychology at Boston College. I am currently working on my
 dissertation and I am in the process of organizing the collection of my
 data for my research project. My study explores the racial and ethnic
 identity development of American born young adult women with Haitian
 immigrant parents. In order to pursue my project, I will need to conduct
 individual interviews with American born young adult women with Haitian
 immigrant parents between the ages of 18 and 25 years old. I will ask
 them questions about what it is like to live with more than one culture
 and what effects it has or has had on their ethnic and racial
 identifications.

 I am thus writing to you to see if you could assist me in my endeavor of
 finding participants for my study. With your permission, I would greatly
 appreciate if you could advertise my research project in your university,
 association, or organization with flyers that I will provide you. If you
 have an email listserv, I would also ask permission to send the flyer via
 that listserv.

 Please feel free to contact me (857-205-9515 or prosperv@bc.edu) if you
 have any questions or concerns about my research project. Thank you in
 advance for assisting me in my data collection process.
 Sincerely,

Vanessa Prosper

WERE BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS BORN IN HAITI?
WERE YOU BORN IN THE UNITED STATES?
ARE YOU A YOUNG WOMAN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18 AND 25?

IF SO……

 Participate in a study that will give you the opportunity to chat about
 your experiences growing up with more than one culture

For more information,

Call Vanessa Prosper at 857-205-9515