23657: (reply) LScottPht: Re: 23648: (reply) Esser: Re: 23646: (reply) Raber: Re: 23639: (reply) anon... (fwd)

From: LScottPht@aol.com

My friend is working with the government and Food for the Poor to get a
couple more helicopters in for precisely this reason. He has a helicopter there
right now, but it is not fit to fly. They have been trying to get the government
to pay for the parts which I think is finally being taken care of so they can
transport much needed supplies for Gonaives and other places during times of
crisis. Also, Food for the Poor is bringing in a ship so it can go from city to
city bringing in supplies. They will also be able to provide clean water from
the ship.

<< And now to the helicopters: in common English usage when speaking of
 a singular item, it is odd to use the plural form. The Haitian
 government, according to my information had one helicopter at it's
 disposal and the only argument that can be made here, is that
 especially in a country with transportation problems, one helicopter
 is not enough to confront crises, such as the recent flooding or the
 terrorism of U.S. sponsored and supplied "freedom fighters".