23687: (reply) Morse reply to Kinan re: Esser (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

 Giving up your life for a government (corrupt or uncorrupt) <that won't
 come back> is something most people wouldn't do. Now if you are
 economically tied to said government and your job is murder and
 intimidation, you might have other feelings. If there is no alternative
 economy available to you, you'ld probably be even less likely to disarm.
 Now there are some people (Pax Christi, Esser) that believe if you were
 elected, then your death squads are a justifiable means of law
 enforcement. Personally, I'm anti-death squad, as probably are most
 Haitians. As for the difficult situation we're in here...lets fix it,
 lets work it out. All the shooting, the spin doctors, lobbyists, masked
 gunmen, masked police, looting, closing down the country, none of that is
 going to help anybody, especially the poor people.

Richard Morse