23711; (reply) lyall: 'slum' again (fwd)

From: J.David Lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

Fort National is not a slum. It is a neighborhood. I have family
there. It is not a 'bastion of support' for Aristide. The
neighborhood ransacked the fort (formerly a womens prison) as a
symbol of lavalas repression. Like many polis stations all over
peyi-a. An unfortunate habit here.

There are pro-Aristide groups there (who used to be proud to call
themselves chimere), and anti-chimere groups calling themselves
'committees of vigilance'.

Mostly there are a lot of people without jobs there. More than there
used to be since so many businesses have been destroyed by chimeres.

Someone has to get some freaking jobs programs going here. Fast.

--
J. David Lyall
http://www.lyalls.net/