23783L (reply) Vedrine: RE: 23780: (ask) Ida: Haitian democratization process (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

Every group in Haiti, every political party, every Haitian may define
Democracy their own way. If we go to the Greek root of this term, sure it's
related to: POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Now, the question is: how is that being
interpreted in the Haitian political context? Also, it is really something
that can be looked at in a "divine way" when we hear the Latin term: VOX
POPULI, VOX DEI? But again, in the Haitian context, does "The people's
voice" match "God's voice" or does God really want the MAJORITY to always be
the victims, the underdogs?

e.w.vedrine