23931: Arthur (web) Haitian workers to begin mediation (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

Extract from the December 2004 Monthly Index provided by the Campaign for
Labor Rights.

Haitian workers to begin mediation

Workers in the Codevi Free Trade Zone, represented by the  union Sokowa and
its federation, the Batay Ouvriye, are beginning the mediation process with
their employer, Grupo M.  Visit
http://www.campaignforlaborrights.org/alerts/2004/dec06-grupom.htm
and
http://www.campaignforlaborrights.org/alerts/2004/oct28-haiti.htm
for background information.

Write a letter

Workers need support now from activists like you, to make sure the factory's
buyers, Levi Strauss and Sara Lee, as well as its financier, the World Bank's
International
Finance Corporation, play a positive role in the mediation process.  Write to
all three with one letter; see a sample at
http://www.campaignforlaborrights.org/alerts/2004/dec16-haiti.htm

Support for fired workers

In October we told you about fired workers who need your financial support

http://www.campaignforlaborrights.org/alerts/2004/oct28-haiti.htm

Without it, they and their families must struggle to survive and to continue
the fight for labor rights. Thanks to some, we have collected money for their
workers' relief fund. For details phone: 202-544-9355