23954: (announcement): (Slavin) New issue of Bomb magazine (fwd)

From: JPS390@aol.com

The new "Bomb" magazine, Winter 2004/2005 no. 90, is dedicated to Haiti in honor of the bicentennial (www.bombsite.com).

"Bomb," named that way because its avant guarde founders in the 1980s predicted (thankfully wrongly) that a magazine where artists would write about art and other artists would bomb, has a multimedia package about Haiti and Haitians, including pieces by Edwidge Danticat and Madison Bell. The cover shot is a museum collectors' image captured by photographer Daniel Morel.

Last I checked, the "Bomb" Web site still had the summer issue up -- but at some point Winter and Haiti will be online, I assume.

Bob, thank you for another year of keeping Haiti,  Haitians, and Haitianists together. Hear's to another in the 201st year of  Independence.

Patrick

J.P. Slavin
New York