23980: lyall (discuss) trash pickups and containers (fwd)

From: J.David Lyall <j.david@lyalls.net>

Some mention was  made of the new  trash cans. And the new trash
pickup programs I guess. There are lots of people working at roadside
trash cleanup now. For the past  month or so. Good program finally.
There is no alternative for trash disposal for most people besides
dumping it beside the road. I've done it. What else are  you going to
do?

So, I have seen  hundreds of people out working the roads that I
travel on, picking up trash and  putting it in  piles. Big trucks
then came along and picked it up. Where did they take it? No dumps
exist. Converting some trash ravines to sanitary landfills would be a
big move into the  19th century.

Now there are  trash cans in the little villes  along the road. They
are not really trash cans, they are converted Chatodo. Chateau d'eau.
For water on the roof. With doors cut in the sides. It doesn't look
like they will last  long that way, true. Dumpsters don't exist here
however. Perhaps the carroserie that build bus bodies can start
building dumpsters too. Then you'd need trucks designed  to lift
dumpsters. Pwoblems.

Moun la route do not distinguish between garbage and brush. That is a
problem. Tree branches and weeds are being put  in the trash bins.
Poubel Fatra they are labelled. We need composting locations in the
ti villes to collect all the brush.

I recently saw poubel pou plastik. Collecting plastic bottles. They
say for plastik, not trash/fatra. Thats  a great  step. It cannot pay
for itself of course. Recycling plastik cannot pay for itself in the
usa.
--
J. David Lyall
http://www.lyalls.net/