24003: Harrison (reply) trash

>From Derek Harrison dharri@rochester.rr.com

It's heartening to read David Lyall's comments on trash removal, both for the
obvious aesthetic rewards and for those who concern themselves with health
issues in Haiti.

But I'm puzzled about the absence of dumps.  Unless my memory deceives, I
recall
driving past a large dump or landfill maybe 14-15 years ago -- somewhere near
downtown and I think in the direction of Kafou.  What's happened to that one?

Memory also brings up the somewhat odd image of one lone dumpster, sitting on
Route One near City Soleil.  It was under an inverted cone of fatra, just the
four corners still barely visible.  And gone on my next trip, a year later.

So maybe there's hope for something better than gulleys for the garbage, though
I admit to using them myself a few times.

Derek Harrison