24060: Morse (discuss) New Year Resolutions

 OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

   *The only people who might disagree with, or be blind to  the 10
resolutions, (whether its education, security, infrastructure or  environment),
are the
people who are, or were, in a position to do  something.
   *I keep hearing from different doctors that Mildred was a very  positive
force in the fight against AIDS in Haiti. My question: Is it possible  to
simultaneously do good and evil in the world, and if so, where do end up on
Judgement Day?
  * People keep talking about a rebel uprising throwing out  Aristide. I
thought it was the massive demonstrations. The rebels might have  accelerated
things by a few weeks, but the peaceful means would have eventually  worked.
The

demonstrations had been going on for about two years when the  foreign press
showed up (two weeks before the climax) and suddenly we had  <rebels>.
   * The army seems to be intent, just as they always were  in the past, on
having a disrespect for the law.
    *The police seem to be intent, just as they always were  in the past, on
having a disrespect for the law.
       *The complaints I hear about Latortue  are that he doesn't listen to
people. He thinks he knows everything.
   *How come Petionville has security and Port-au-Prince doesn't?  Was the
revolt supposed to benefit Petionville only?
   *To Latortue: If your cousin (the one in the palace) smells  crooked, he
probably is crooked.
    *Haiti doesn't need presidential elections quite yet but  they do need a
parliament, (representation from different parts of the country).  Local
elections.
    * I'll bet you that every single person that  envisions him or herself as
a presidential candidate in Haiti probably sees a  spot in parliament as
<geran la kou). We have to get past this mind  set.
Happy New Year to all,
Richard Morse