24083: O'Brien (reply) RE: 24077: Walton: (reply) RE: 24069: Karshan: (reply) Bell -- onVodou (disc) Walton (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

Yes, in English "cult" can, indeed, carry a negative connotation; however,
in French it does not.  Since the title "Ministry of Cults" is undoubtedly
a translation of "Ministere des Cultes," I doubt that there is a problem.
(I'm not sure about how one would say that in Kreyol or whether or not
there would be an implied slur, but I'll bet not.)