24163: Joseph (request) needs some advice.

From: Figaro Joseph <figarojoseph@hotmail.com>

Dear Friends,

I am researching for a master’s thesis on the popular movement that led to the fall of Jean-Claude Duvalier in 1986.
I am focusing on the period of 1985-1991.  After the departure of Duvalier, the movement continued to lead efforts for
political, economic, and social change in Haiti.  I am approaching this thesis with the hypothesis that the movement
failed.  The movement failed because it focused too much on elections and not enough on cultivating leaders and
resources to sustain the movement.    I also would like to link any characteristic that the movement may have had to
some of the major theories of social movements.

Can any one out there help me with information for this project?  If any of you were involved with the movement during
this period, I would appreciate talking with you.

Thank you very much.

I can be reached by email: figarojoseph@hotmail.com or 202/635-3740.