24261: Minsky: (reply) Hinch-Cape Re: 24251: Lorsbach (ask) Travel to Hinche (fwd)

From: Tequila Minsky <tminsky@ix.netcom.com>

I took that trip the trip from Hinche to Cape (up the center of the
country)  in 2000 or so...
Talk about a white knuckle trip....it would be great as a long hike but
the "road" was totally gullied out.
First part of trip was in  the back of tap tap-pick up.  Later, camion.

Are you afraid, said an English speaking high school principal who
lived in Hinche and worked in another town
a couple hours north.  Yes, I replied. Don't worry, the driver does
this all the  time. On the dicier segments, some of us
got out while the driver negotiated the ridges of the gullies of the
gutted path.

It was beautiful in the back of that pick up but you can't really call
it a road.

Had to switch vehicles a couple times to get to Cape. Expeditious? I
don't know about that. Certainly, more
grippingly adventurous.