24378: Philippe (reply): Re: 24364: Vedrine (comment) The English language in Haiti (fwd)

From: "Philippe [iso-8859-1] Clérié" <philippe@gcal.net>

Assuming we can find the teachers and the right teaching methods
then haitian children should learn French, English and Spanish, for
all the obvious reasons. I only speak two of these. Spanish
unfortunately has eluded me. Although I'm quite happy to sing it.

Anyway, I also wanted to pick up on another statement, namely :
<< the corrupted mind of our leaders and of our
 bourgeoisie (which are among the worst in the world). >>

I have two questions:

1) How do you arrive at the conclusion that our leaders and our
bourgeoisie "are among the worst in the world"?
2) If our leaders and the bourgeoisie are corrupt, what does that
make the people?

Please note that on question 1 I used to entertain similar notions.
Until I arrived at my answer for question 2.

Hope to hear from you!

Philippe