24403: Morse (reply) To Esser

>From OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

Dear Mr Esser,

My information on Haiti doesn't come from the foreign press but thanks for
that address anyway. It usually comes from people who are directly involved in
a  situation. For me to say that the situation in Haiti is ideal right now
would be  ignorant. To say that all sides want a more ideal situation would
also be a bit  misinformed. Some sides actually want destabilization at
this point, just like  some sides were trying to destabilize Aristide.

Aristide was not able to  <metrize la situation>. I have yet to see people acting on
lessons learned  over the last fifteen years which had failures at military, bourgeois
and  popular dictatorships. We need a congress of people representing different
parts  of the country to specifically address concrete needs of Haitians. The
people in  Au Cap don't have the same needs as the people in Gonaives or the
people in  Port-au-Prince or the cultivators in the provinces. If it all comes
down to  politicians searching for personal financial reward, nothing is going
to work.We  have to get past that.

Richard Morse