24444: (comment) Holmstead: Oloffson Public Relations Dept. (fwd)

From: John Holmstead    <cyberkismet5@yahoo.com>

It is easy to see how these specious arguments got
spread so widely given the popularity of the Oloffson
and it's inclusion in so many corporate media reports
over the past four years. It must have been a simple
excursion from an interview on the veranda hearing
this stuff to the student protests down the street at
the Social Sciences campus after Decemeber 5th. I
think I undertand a criticism I once read which
described the Oloffson as a public relations office
for the opposition to Aristide. Amazing that these
arguments are still made today in light of the
reality.