24450: Binard (reply) Re: 24448: Kondrat (reply) Re: 24447 and others: Morse (reply) to Holmstead (fwd)

From: Marc Binard <islandoc2001@yahoo.com>

Reply Kondrat- morse from binard

Personally,
I don't sit back  and wonder if Mr Morse is a
constitutionalist.
It would appear that he is a realist.

He runs a Hotel in PAP providing many Haitians  with
what they desperately need. A job.
He is maintaining one of the most historic buildings
in all of Haiti.
He formed a band which provides Haiti with what it
desperately needs; outside recognition of its people's
talents and culture.

I have never found the Oloffson to be a camp of anti
aristide militants. Most of the people I meet there
are aid workers trying to help Haiti get back on its
feet. In the days of the peace corps, most of these
folks were staying at the Hotel at greatly reduced
rates thanks to Mr Morse's generosity.

I dont live in Haiti. I am not Haitian so I dont feel
its my place to meddle in its politics or second guess
those who actually live there.

Rather than question Mr Morse's political views,
I think Mr Morse deserves our thanks, praise an
recognition for all he has done for Haiti.

Marc Binard