24472: Chalo: (radio) The Haitian Left and the fall of Aristide (fwd)

From: Komite Chalo <cjaklen@yahoo.com>

The Haitian Left and the fall of Aristide

Komite Chalo Jaklen invites you to listen to “Ayiti
Leve Kanpe” its weekly program on Radio Lakay
International, 96.3 FM, SCA, www.radiolakay.com,
Thursday, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET.

This week, Marguerite Laurent of the Haitian Lawyers
Leadership Network will talk about her recent visit to
Haiti. She was part of a delegation that accompanied
Congresswoman Maxine Waters that met with Prime
Minister Neptune, as well as former Interior Minister
Jocelerme Privert and former delegate Jacques
Mathelier at Haiti’s National Penitentiary.

And, as part of our series on the second coup d'état
against President Aristide and its implications for
the popular movement in Haiti, we will examine the
role of the Haitian Left in the country's recent
political developments. Why did certain sectors of
that Left align themselves with imperialism and their
local lackeys? Can what's left of the Haitian Left
recover from the current debacle and provide the
necessary leadership for a country under occupation?

“Ayiti Leve Kanpe” is in Haitian Creole

Please tune in, and tell your friends to tune in.
Thursday, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET.
Radio Lakay International, 96.3 FM, SCA, in New York
City
www.radiolakay.com