24536: Morse (discuss) Raoul Peck

>From OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

It was quite something sitting here in Port-au-Prince watching Mr Peck's
film on HBO. The parallels were quite remarkable. I've often wondered if Haiti
wasn't right off the coast of Florida, say somewhere in the middle of Africa,
would things have gotten that out of hand? Probably.  We've all seen those
same civilian road blocks and we've all seen those same military personnel.
The brutality against innocents is hard to fathom. Has the United Nations
ever considered a rapid deployment force for such situations? Would that be a
reasonable approach? 30,000 deaths after just three days. Isn't that enough of
an indicator that things have gone sour? Unbelievable. Thank you Mr Peck.

Richard Morse