24570: Walton (Comment) RE: 24563: Senou (comment) The Call

Walton, Robert <robert.walton3@us.army.mil>

IMHO Mr Alfred has correctly stated, "...remember, idea never died,
something may be presented ahead of its time but in due time it will
comeback again."
Ideas are more powerful than men, they never die.  They just wait for their
time.

My point-

Haiti, outside of PAP, has a history of being largely ignored by the
national government.  If there were responsible and funded regional
governments, good things would follow in that region.  Haitians in the
diaspora cannot form such governments but they can support regional
committees that work for the good of their region.  I do not propose a
system of "governments" that deny the authority of Haiti's national
government or legislature.  I propose only that committees of regional
statesmen, people whose hearts are with their people and who understand the
needs of their region be funded by that region's expatriates to prepare and
execute a modest "business plan"- a plan to generate additional funds for
the benefit (creation of jobs, improvement of infrastructure, sponsorship of
schools, etc.) of their region. On some scale, this thought is already at
work at Canje through Dr. Farmer.  Would the list care to pursue this idea
further?
V/R

Bob Walton waltonr@hotmail.com