24700: Mwe (comment) re: 24696: Hermantin (News) If it's Saturday, it must be soup bouillon

John Ba Mwe <LOCCM@aol.com>

Reading this post makes me hungry but I must be associating with a very different Haitian culture. Often in the clinics that we hold, patients confess to eating dirt especially in Mt. Cabrit. In the village of LaHatte the prized meal is sometimes a fish head boiled in water. Some of these villagers suffer from extreme malnutrition and are nearly all infested with parasites. I do not see how they survive and when I question them, they say that they try to find something to eat once every three days.

John Ba Mwe