24704: Naab (comment) Re: 24700: Mwe re: 24696: Hermantin re: If it's Saturday, it must be soup bouillon]

Sara Naab <saranaab@hotmail.com>

Culture and economic means are two different things. Haitian culture
celebrates wonderful dishes and a warm family atmosphere in dining.

Unfortunately -- life in Haiti for many Haitians is relentlessly brutal and
they are forced to do what they have to do get by.

Survival isn't culture.

and ya, all the recent posts about food got me looking forward to my next
trip :^)