24726: Mwe (reply) re: 24725: Beckett: about travel to Les Cayes

John Ba Mwe <LOCCM@aol.com>

We brought a used pickup through Miriguane and were forced to pay $12,000 US duty. We hired lawyers and brokers all to no avail. After six months and repeated trips we were told that if we didn't pay, the customs man would own the vehicle. He even let me stay overnight in his home while we were negotiating and said :"hat truck is mine". We sent $7,000 to another Haitian who said that they would get it out for us. They took the money as well as the two refrigerators and stoves that were on the truck and kept it all without getting the truck for us. Good luck.
John Ba Mwe